Data Protection & Privacy Notice
Definition of Key Terms in this Notice
“Data Protection” shall mean the process of safeguarding important information from corruption, compromise or loss.
“Notice” refers to this Data Protection and Privacy Notice.
“Notore” refers to Notore Chemical Industries Plc, a Public Liability Company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Notore may sometimes in this Notice, be used interchangeably with the words “We” or “Us”.
“Personal Data” means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (the Data Subject).
“Privacy Notice” refers to a statement made to the Data Subject which describes how the organization collects, uses, retains and discloses Personal Data or information.
“Regulation” means the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019 made pursuant to the National Information Technology Development Agency Act, 2007.
What is this Data Protection & Privacy Notice for?
Notore values your Personal Data and is committed to protecting your privacy whenever you interact with Us. Please read this Notice to understand our policies, processes and procedures regarding the processing of your Personal Data.
By this Notice, We explain to you as follows:
(a) How your Personal Data is collected, used, managed and transferred by Notore;
(b) How you can update your Personal Data with Us; and
© How you can exercise your rights in respect of the Personal Data you have provided to Us.
Why this Notice exists
This Notice exists to ensure that Notore:
• complies with the Regulation and follow good practice;
• protects the rights of staff, customers, suppliers, business partners and other persons or stakeholders who provide Personal Data to Us;
• is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
• protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
Data Protection Regulation
The Regulation describes how organisations, including Notore must collect, handle and store personal information.
The Regulation applies regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials. It applies to all data that Notore holds relating to identifiable individuals i.e. Personal Identifiable Information (PII). This may include:
• Names of individuals
• Postal addresses
• Email addresses
• Telephone numbers
• Bank Verification Number (BVN); and
• Any other information relevant to the purpose.
To comply with the law and Regulation, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
The Personal Data that Notore Collects
We collect the minimum amount of Personal Data that is needed to deliver a product/service. With regards to our website, We only collect Personal Data that you give to Us, on the Contact page of the website, http://notore.com/contact. If you choose to voluntarily contact Us via the form, then your email address and whatever information you enter is shared with Us as an email, so We can use it to send you the information you have requested, but it is not stored on any database.
What do we do with your Personal Data?
We may process your Personal Data to:
• provide you with further information about our products and services; and how we can serve you better;
• respond to your purchase orders or requests;
• process your application for employment with Notore;
• fulfill our contractual obligations with you;
• respond and process enquiries, suggestions and complaints;
• meet our legal and regulatory purposes or obligations – We may use Personal Data that We have gathered from you or third parties (such as law enforcement or credit reference agencies) to comply with our legal obligations or for other legal reasons – for example to report fraudulent activity.
With whom do we share your Personal Data?
We respect your privacy and limited disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties, We do not sell, give, or trade any Personal Data that We obtain from you to any third party for data-mining or marketing purposes. However, We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
• Our service providers who are engaged to provide services to Notore subject to appropriate data security and protection;
• to promote our products and services to you, such as marketing agencies and social media platforms who may send targeted and automated messages to you;
• to support our stakeholders, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and other financial services providers
• where necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Notore, our customers, suppliers, business partners or other stakeholders;
• Law enforcement agencies in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws.
Security and Retention of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is kept private and We make every effort to keep it secure, including restricting access to it with Us on a need-to-know basis. We require our staff and any third parties who carry out any work on our behalf to comply with appropriate security standards to protect your Personal Data.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your Personal Data is only processed for the minimum period necessary in line with the purposes set out in this Notice or as required by applicable laws, until a time it is no longer required or has no use. Once your Personal Data is no longer required, We destroy it in a safe and secure manner.
Notore collects Personal Data only for the purposes identified in this Notice and such information cannot be reused for another purpose that is incompatible with the original purpose.
You can exercise the following rights with respect to your Personal Data with Notore:
• Request for and access your Personal Data collected and stored by Notore;
• Withdraw consent at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent to receipt of our marketing or promotional materials;
• Object to automated decision making;
• Request rectification and modification of your Personal Data kept by Us;
• Request for deletion of your Personal Data with Us;
• Be informed of and entitled to provide consent prior to the processing of Personal Data for purposes other than that for which the Personal Data were collected;
• Request that Notore restricts processing of your Personal Data;
• Request for information regarding any specific processing of your Personal Data; and
• Lodge a complaint with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) if we are unable to resolve a complaint or are in breach of your data rights.
To exercise these rights, please contact Us via email; or by filling our Subject Access Request Form (SARF); or calling the phone number(s) provided on the “Contact Us” page on our website.
To protect your Personal Data or information, We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that it is kept in strict confidence and only authorised personnel can access such information. We also ensure that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place. To accomplish this, all employees and contractors have roles and responsibilities defined in those policies and procedures.
To make sure all employees and contractors understand these responsibilities, they are provided with the necessary training and resources they need.
In addition to these operational measures, We also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies and procedures.
To make sure that these measures are suitable, vulnerability tests are run regularly. Audits to identify areas of weakness and non-compliance are routinely scheduled. Additionally, all areas of the organisation are constantly monitored and measured to identify problems and issues before they arise.
Transfer of your Personal Data or information out of Nigeria
The Personal Data that We collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of Nigeria. We shall ensure that any such transfers are done and kept secure in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. For more information, please contact Us as noted below.
Changes to our Data Protection and Privacy Notice
Contact & Communication
If you would like further information on this Notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Notore Chemical Industries Plc. through any of the following addresses:
(a) Corporate Office — Notore Industrial City Oil and Gas Free Zone, Onne, Rivers State; or
(b) Lagos Office – 6th Floor, Keystone Bank Building, Keystone Bank Crescent, off Adeyemo Alakija Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos; or;
© Email: [email protected]
This Data Protection and Privacy Notice was created on 30th November, 2020.